Originally posted on 28th july
Answer to this – Yup, you can be a webmaster.
Years ago when I started, people would laugh at me when I told them I can create a website. Well actually I was still a noob then and used to create some silly static sites made using frontpage and hosted on some poor quality free hosts. Well I really wasn’t a webmaster then. I was just a small scale webdesigner.
So what actually is a webmaster?
A Webmaster is a person incharge of a site. He should have all the qualities of a webdeveloper, designer, he should be able to SEO, etc.
How can you be one?
Just keep reading my blog. lol
You need several things for a site. Make a checklist before you proceed. Here is a sample.
1. A Domain or use a co.cc domain. Click here to get one => http://co.cc
2. Hosting. Go for a free one with a good space and bandwidth, mysql databases, cpanel[maybe], PHP5 will be good, etc. You may use my hosting services at aliengang.net [under construction] Just mail me at email@example.com for free hosting.
3. An idea to work on. Like, you can make blog about yourself, make a community for you and your friends, create a site on a specific topic like aliens, etc.
4. Create your site using any free pre-made software or start from scratch.
5. Then, you need to work on search optimization of your site so that your site is indexed properly and you have to promote it too.
Well, this is all for now. If you are having trouble with any thing in my post, well, google is a webmaster’s best friend. I’ll write more about the things that will make you a webmaster.